Contact: Ken Daley, Public Information
District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro’s office on Thursday (April 18) announced the launch of its new, improved website that increases public access to a variety of services and which, for the first time, is optimized for mobile devices.
The site’s address remains www.orleansda.com.
The new website features a cleaner, more intuitive and interactive design, an array of easily accessible services for the public and media, and enhanced assistance and transparency for those encountering the criminal justice system for the first time.
“This project has been 10 months in the making,” Cannizzaro said, “but I think the public will find it has been worth the wait. We’re proud to finally offer a functional, dynamic online presence that our citizens and visitors will find helpful, viable and more responsive to their needs than ever before.”
Features of the new OPDA website include:
- Instant access to OPDA press releases, and a searchable archive of past news releases;
- Expungement instructions for those seeking to seal a minor criminal history;
- Explanation pages for the OPDA’s Diversion program, Child Support enforcement, Victim-Witness assistance program, Juvenile division, basic criminal justice system
case flow, tips for appearing in court, and more;
- Online submission form and instructions for requesting public records;
- Printable forms to expedite submission of worthless checks and contractor fraud claims, and other economic crimes complaints;
- Extensive FAQs library and glossary of legal terms;
- Links to helpful services and organizations for New Orleans crime victims;
- Careers page with instructions on how to apply for employment and internship opportunities in the District Attorney’s office;
- One-click icons to like and follow the OPDA’s social media channels (@NewOrleansDA on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
The website redesign was supervised by OPDA Communications Director Ken Daley and completed by the New Orleans firm BCS Graffix & Design of Gentilly.
- Main Office
- 619 South White Street
- New Orleans LA 70119
- (504) 822-2414